This article outlines the requirements to transition from, and to teach-out a superseded course or a training package.
- The Teach-Out process will require that Learners complete the course for which they are enrolled within the expiry period of previous training packages or accredited courses.
- For a Credit Transfer option, it is required for continuing Learners to be enrolled in the new qualification and then have previously completed units mapped to the new qualification.
- For VET Student Loan providers, if you have already reported Unit of Study Enrolments from the old superseded qualification to HEPCAT, you do NOT need to transition/re-enrol them into the new Units of Study in the new Course Offer. Just transition their Units of Competency. However, if you have Units of Study that haven’t been reported, then mark them with a completion status of 9 which is a non-reportable status and enrol them into the new Units of Study in the new Course Offer.
Before you start the transition process, identify the last date to replace the superseded qualification and check if you are within the teach-out period.
Old Course Offer
- Update Not Yet Commenced Units of Competency with an Outcome Code:
- Update the Enrolment Status to Transitioned
- Learn More? Enrolment Status