The following errors are known as Duplicate Units:
- NCVER Error 3808: Only one record is permitted for Subject Identifier
- Module/Unit of Competency identifier: Duplicate records exist within this file
This occurs when a unit code appears more than once in the NAT60 file.
How to Identify which Unit/s to Fix
- Use Report 0003 Course Units
- Enter the Unit Code from the error report into General Filter > unit code
- Download raw data as Excel
- Look for mismatches of the following fields in excel columns L to P:
- unit desc
- unit of competency flag
- unit field of education
- unit vet flag
- unit sup hours
- All the fields above must have the same value.
Learn More? How to generate a report
How to Fix
- Navigate to LRM > Units
- Type in the Unit Code from the error report
- Click on unit that is next to the Course Code in Report 0003
- Update the relevant field/s
NOTE: Repeat the above for any other instances.
Common examples of Unit Descriptions Causing Duplication
The following are common Unit Description variations that would result in a duplicate unit error: