Conditional Logic allows you to add conditions to a field when building Forms. For example, if an applicant replies Yes to the ‘Have a Disability’ question on your Application Form, you can add conditional logic to show more fields to capture more related information on the next disability related questions, i.e. ‘What is your Disability?’
Follow the steps below on how to add Conditional Logic to Form Fields.
- Navigate to Settings > Form Management
- Open the relevant Form
TIP! You can easily identify a field that contains existing Conditional Logic. Simply look for the green Conditional Logic icon before the field name.
- Hover on the field you want to add conditional logic to
- Click on the blue Conditional Logic icon
When the Conditional Logic drawer opens, it shows you the Field Name and Display Label of the field you have selected to add Conditional Logic to. By default, Conditional Logic is set to NO
- Click the Enable Conditional Logic toggle to YES
A Block is the ‘sub-field’ where you will add the specific condition(s) associated to that particular ‘sub-field’. You can add up to 3 Blocks per field. The first Block will appear by default.
- If you need to add more Blocks, Click the Add New Block button
A Condition is where you define what additional information you would like to capture for a particular field on your form. You can add up to 3 Conditions per Block.
- Use the Dropdowns and Text Field to add your first condition within a block
- Use the Add New Condition to add more (if required)
- If you need to delete a Condition, simply use the ‘red minus’ icon next to the relevant condition
You should now see a green ‘Conditional Logic’ icon to before the field name.