The Auto Grade feature is designed to update Unit Enrolments automatically in Wisenet LRM when a final grade is received from an external Elearning application. This integration is very powerful, reduces a lot of manual data entry and improves data quality.
How does the Auto Grade work?
LRM Owners set up Auto Grade Rules in Wisenet LRM that contain the required logic for what Unit Enrolment Grade Fields need to be updated when a Grade is submitted to be processed. Wisenet then automatically processes incoming Grades from your LMS and updates the correct Unit Enrolments in LRM.
Grading can be done by Range or Value. The table below shows examples of both:
Please Note: You can set more custom Rules (Range and Value) as per your organisation’s requirements.
When a final grade is recorded against an assessment in your LMS, it will send an Auto Grade Activity event to Wisenet to be processed. Eg. if a GradeValue = 90 is passed for a GradeName = XYZ12345, for Learner = ZZZ, it will find matching Unit Enrolment(s) and update the Unit Enrolment fields(s) as per the Auto Grade Rule requirements:
- Final = 90
- End Date = Activity Date
- Result (The custom value set within your organisation) = High Distinction
- Outcome (Required completed government Outcome value) = 20 | Competency achieved/pass
What happens behind the scenes?
- The Elearning application raises a Grade Activity for a specific Elearning User, Grade Name and Grade Value
- The User and GradeName are used to identify matching Unit Enrolment(s) in Wisenet
- Each Unit Enrolment is checked to find the linked Auto Grade Rule (linked via the Unit Offer)
- The Auto Grade Rule is checked to determine how a Grade Value should be processed
- Unit Enrolment(s) field(s) are updated as required
- This is all tracked in the Auto Grade Activity section
How to Install the Auto Grade Integration
IMPORTANT! Before you get started with the Auto Grade Rule and Elearning set up below, please complete the integration installation in your Elearning application.
Moodle: Setup Grade Categories
All the individual assignments/assessments per Unit can be organised into Grade Categories in Moodle. A Grade Category has its own aggregated grade which is calculated from each assignment’s grade value. Each assignment may belong to only one Grade Category. However, you can set the Grade Category Name in Moodle with multiple Unit Codes to update multiple Units in Wisenet.
Canvas: Setup Assignment Group
All the individual assignments/assessments per Unit can be organised into Assignment Groups in Canvas.