Learncycles allow you to automate standard processes within a Learner’s Lifecycle from enquiry to completion. They carry out activities triggered by key conditions in the Learner’s Lifecycle. So instead of remembering what to do at each step of an enrolment, set up Learncycles to complete activities for you.
These are the Activities that can be automated by Learncycles:
- Create a Task
- Send an Email
- Send an SMS
- Generate a uReport
- Update Learner
- Activate/Inactivate Learner
- Enable/Disable Learner App access
- Enable/Disable Sync to Xero
- Set Learner App expiry date
- Update Course Enrolment
Activities are grouped together into a Learncycle with a specific Trigger Condition, Trigger Date and Audience. This allows automation to be segregated based on processes such as:
- The stage of the Learner’s lifecycle e.g. Enquiry or Completed
- The type of Course Offers e.g. short courses, ELICOS or international
Learncycles are set up with Trigger Conditions that determine how the Learncycle should be triggered. Currently the Trigger Condition options are based on the following conditions:
- Course Enrolment/Application is Created
- Application Status is a defined value
- Application Status Reason is a defined value
- Course Enrolment Status is a defined value
- Course Enrolment Status Reason is a defined value
Defines when the Learncycle should be triggered:
- Immediately: On creation or updated conditions
- Scheduled: Relative to defined date scheduling logic e.g. 1 day – After – Course Enrolment Start Date
Defines what records the Learncycle applies to:
- All Course Offers: No audience filter. Will trigger for any Course Enrolment/Application.
- Specific Course Offers based on Lists: Will trigger for Course Enrolments linked to the specified Course Offer List.
Below is a visual interpretation of Learncycle Workflows:
Why Automate your Processes
1. Automate Tasks Creation
Save time and never miss an important task.
Tasks can be added automatically using Learncycles based on trigger events. When trigger conditions are met for the set activities, they will be saved in Logbook. you will get a clear overview of all activities to easily organise and prioritise your work.
2. Automate Email Messaging
A cost effective and efficient way to communicate with your Learners.
Send individual or bulk email messages automatically triggered by your selected Course Enrolment updates. You have options to use both inbuilt templates or custom templates.
5. Automate Learner and Course Enrolment field updates
Automatically update Learner and Course Enrolment records and create Tasks to automatically send personalised messages and documents to learners on your schedule.
7. Automate Document Generation
You can automate the process to:
- generate uReports per Course Enrolment to run individually for a Learner and/or in bulk for multiple Learners in a Course Offer.
- email your personalised uReport document to each Learner or other recipients as an attachment.
How to make Learncycles work for you
Each training provider has their own unique policies and processes. However, all Learners go through the same stages on their journey:
Before you get started see examples of how you can make Learncycles work for you.
How to get started?
Learncycles need to be carefully configured to ensure the automation does not accidentally trigger undesired activities.
Before you begin the setup, follow the instructions in the Best Practice and Go Live article.