Learncycles allow you to automate standard processes within a Learner’s Lifecycle from enquiry to completion. It is designed to automatically create and update activities which are triggered by key conditions in the Learner’s Lifecycle and on your set schedule. So instead of remembering what to do at each step of an enrolment, set up activities once and have them auto trigger.
These are the Activities that can be automated by Learncycles:
- Create a Task
- Send an Email
- Send SMS
- Generate a uReport
- Update Learner
- Enable/Disable Learner App access
- Enable/Disable Sync to Xero
- Plus other fields
- Update Course Enrolment
Activities are grouped together into a Learncycle with a specific Trigger Condition, Trigger Date and Audience. This allows automation to be segregated based on processes such as:
- The stage of the Learner’s lifecycle eg. enquiry or completed
- The type of course offers eg. short courses, ELICOS or international
Learncycles need to be set up with trigger conditions that determine how the Learncycle should be triggered. Currently the trigger options are based on the following conditions:
- Course Enrolment is Created
- Course Enrolment Status is a defined value
- Course Enrolment Status Reason is a defined value
Defines when the Learncycle should be triggered:
- Immediately: On creation or updated conditions
- Scheduled: Relative to defined date scheduling logic eg. 1 day – After – Course Enrolment Start Date
Defines what records the Learncycle applies to:
- All Course Offers: No audience filter and hence will trigger for any Course Enrolment in all course offers.
- Specific Course Offers based on Lists: Filtered to only run for Course Enrolments linked to defined Course Offer List.
Below is a visual interpretation of Learncycle Workflows:
Why Automate your Processes
1. Automate Tasks Creation
Save time and never miss an important task.
Tasks can be added automatically using Learncycles based on trigger events. When trigger conditions are met for the set activities, they will be saved in Logbook. you will get a clear overview of all activities to easily organise and prioritise your work.
2. Automate Email Messaging
A cost effective and efficient way to communicate with your Learners.
Send individual or bulk email messages automatically triggered by your selected Course Enrolment updates. You have options to use both inbuilt templates or custom templates.
5. Automate Learner and Course Enrolment field updates
Automatically update Learner and Course Enrolment records and create Tasks to automatically send personalised messages and documents to learners on your schedule.
7. Automate Document Generation
You can automate the process to:
- generate uReports per Course Enrolment to run individually for a Learner and/or in bulk for multiple Learners in a Course Offer.
- email your personalised uReport document to each Learner or other recipients as an attachment.
How to make Learncycles work for you
Each training provider has their own unique policies and processes. However they all have commonality within the application, progression and completion stages of a Learner’s journey. So before you get started see examples of how you can make Learncycles work for you.
How to get started?
Learncycles need to be carefully configured to ensure the automation does not accidentally trigger undesired activities.
Before you begin the setup, follow the instructions in the Best Practice and Go Live article.