If you are required to complete SDR reporting, it is important that you incorporate specific SDR field collection and processes when you are setting up the basics for course delivery such as, Course offer, Learner and Enrolment setup. The requirements change slightly depending on how you set up your Wisenet database for correct reporting.
Successful SDR Reporting
Each Tab represents a different stage in your SDR reporting. Click on each Tab for instructions on what needs to be completed for successful reporting.
If you are required to complete SDR reporting, it is important that you incorporate specific SDR field collection and processes into your Set Up. Refer to the SDR Outline page for specific Sections and Fields that are crucial to set up correctly.
Learn More? Use the following articles as further guidelines on SDR Files and Fields:
- Field Guidelines
- SDR File Guidelines outlines each field that is in the SDR files and provides required information regarding collection and location in Wisenet.
While not strictly required it is recommended as it allows you to proactively complete so data integrity checks to ensure
- The right amount of data is being reported
- There isn’t any incorrect data
Learn More? Learn about Data Integrity Reports for NZ
Recommended Reports to use for SDR:
- Report #522 to see which qualification completion records should appear in the SDR
- Report #2001 to check that all required fields have been completed in client records
- Report #2003 recommended for pre-SDR check to look for:
- client unit offer enrolment start dates before the start of the export year
- client unit offer enrolment end dates after the end of the export year
- Report #2025 to check that all mandatory fields for your Courses are completed correctly
- Report #2046 to check that all mandatory fields for your Units are completed correctly
Once you are ready to export the SDR Data you can follow the export steps:
Run SDR Export
- Navigate to LRM > Reports
- In the Left Navigation Bar, click on Exports
- Click the button labelled SDR Export
- Choose the extraction year and date
- (Optional) Check and edit the email address if required
- Click Start. In a few minutes an email will appear at the address you specified. It will have a zip file attachment containing the 5 SDR files
After your export has been submitted there may still be errors.
These errors descriptions and how to fix them can be found on the SDR Export Errors page or refer to the 2017 SDR Manual
These can be fixed in two ways:
- Individually. Go into each individual record and amend the field
- Multiple. If there are many records with the same error these can potentially be fixed by performing a bulk update. How to Bulk Update