If you are required to complete VSN reporting, it is important that you incorporate specific VSN field collection and processes into your Course offer, Learner and Enrolment setup. The requirements change slightly depending on how you set up your Wisenet database for correct reporting.
Successful VSN Reporting
Each Tab represents a different stage in your VSN reporting. Click on each Tab for instructions on what needs to be completed for successful reporting.
If you are required to complete VSN reporting, it is important that you incorporate specific VSN field collection and processes into your Course Offer, Learner and Enrolment setup. Spending a little more time upfront can save a lot of time later.
Before you can set up for correct reporting you must first contact the government’s VSN Implementation Team and obtain the following information:
- VSN Username
- VSN Password
- VSN Submission date
Then, as the Portal Administrator, complete the following steps:
- Navigate to Portal > My Account
- Click Show Settings for the relevant profile
- Under the heading Wisenet, locate the three VSN fields -for each field, click edit and update the details then click save:
- VSN Username (Enter without “eduweb\”)
- VSN Password
- Submission Date
While not strictly required it is recommended as it allows you to proactively complete your data integrity checks to ensure Learners meet the required criteria. Only Learners that meet the required criteria will be reported to the Victorian Government. Therefore, Wisenet will export all Learners that:
- Have at least 1 Unit Enrolment that has:
- Victorian contract (either Fee For Service or Funded)
- The VSN Export Date falls within the Start and End Dates (eg. Next VSN Submission Date is 02/04/2018 then at least 1 Unit Enrolment must have a Start Date before or equal to 04/2018 and an End Date after or equal to 04/2018).
- Outcome code is anything except
- 40 without specified actual hours
- Has a Course Enrolment that has
- Enrolment Status that is either (Cancelled, Completed, Current, Deferred, Partial Attendance, Expired or Transitioned)
- Linked to a Course Offer with For AVETMISS = True
- Linked to a Course with VET Flag = Y
- And, the Learner meets one of the following age criteria:
- Is aged 17 or younger on 1 January for the current year
- Is aged 24 or younger on 1 January for the current year
Wisenet has a special arrangement with the government which automatically sends and receives student enrolment data to and from the government’s database via web-services. Specifically, this function automates:
- The export of the data to the government, and
- Allocates the VSN specified by the government to the relevant students via an import
Learn More? Reporting VSN data through Wisenet
After your export has been submitted there may still be errors.
These errors descriptions and how to fix them can be found on the VSN Export Errors
These can be fixed in two ways: