eCAF Integration allows RTOs to send Course Enrolment information directly from Wisenet to eCAF and be informed when a Learner ‘completes’ this process; making eCAF easy and automated. This allows you to perform most or all of your eCAF requirements from Wisenet. The eCAF process can be separated into 3 main stages:
Send enrolment to eCAF
- The information required for eCAF is generated from Wisenet. This means you save time by not entering this information into eCAF manually.
- All you will need is your username and password specifically for API access (the format is ####ecafapi)
- You can view the status either in eCAF or directly from Wisenet.
Process eCAF in Wisenet
- Please check the eCAF/Progression page on Wisenet. For more information refer to the Learner Status section on the How to Send Enrolment Details to eCAF page.
- As of July 2017 progression summaries will need to be sent
- See Government summary on Student Engagement and Progression
Set Up API Integration
- Email HEenquiries@education.gov.au and ask for a form to complete the API integration with a Student Management System
- Return the form to eCAF and you will be notified when you have API access
Errors connecting with eCAF
Add Details to Wisenet
- Navigate to your LRM > Settings
- Under the App Settings widget click LRM
- Scroll to the eCAF section
- Enter in eCAF Password and eCAF Username