Welcome to the FAQ page. Here we will try to answer your most common questions about this feature. If you cannot find your question from the list provided, please leave a comment at the bottom of the page in the ‘Comment’ section with your relevant question and we will update the list if applicable.
- 1 How are Workplaces linked to Locations?
- 2 How do I link a new workplace to an existing location?
- 3 I’ve got a workplace and I want to create a new location and link them together
- 4 How do I unlink a location from a workplace?
- 5 The location record is already set up. Why can’t I see it when I try to link my workplace to it?
- 6 Can I still have locations that are not linked to workplaces?
- 7 How can I see which locations are linked to workplaces?
- 8 How do I edit a location that’s linked to a workplace?
- 9 What if the address changes?
- 10 Do I still have to add a location to the enrolment?
- 11 Do I still have to add a workplace position to the learner or enrolment?
- 12 How do I remove a Workplace Contact?
- 13 How to delete a Workplace?
If you’ve got a workplace that is also a delivery location, you can link the two records together in Wisenet. Then all details (location fields and workplace fields) are visible and editable in the workplace record.
When you’re adding a workplace, put a tick in the checkbox that says Is a delivery location and choose link to an existing location.
The dropdown will give you a list of all unlinked locations
When you’re editing the workplace, remove the tick from the checkbox that says Is a delivery location
The Dropdown will give you a list of all unlinked locations. If the location is already linked to another workplace, you won’t see it in the list.
Yes, you can.
Either, go to the locations list and click the action button at the right hand side of the one you want to edit, select Edit workplace
Or, go to the workplace list and click the action button at the right hand side of the one you want to edit, select ‘Edit’
Once the location is linked to the workplace, you can’t edit it separately from the workplace
What if the address changes?
Address change? Just change it in the workplace record. The location record address automatically stays in step.
If the location and the workplace don’t have the same address then they probably should not be linked.
Do I still have to add a location to the enrolment?
Almost certainly. If you’re reporting to the government then yes, definitely, because delivery location is a required field for pretty much every government compliance export.
The difference with having workplaces and locations linked is that you don’t need to maintain two separate records for an organisation that is both a workplace and a location.
Do I still have to add a workplace position to the learner or enrolment?
That depends on whether the learner actually undertakes a placement there or not. It’s up to you, really. If you need to record position details such as start and end dates and supervisor, then yes you probably should still add a workplace position.
How do I remove a Workplace Contact?
- Open the Workplace Contacts Page
- Click the Delete
- Select the Workplace Contacts you wish to delete
- Click Update