What is an API?
An API allows Third Party Applications to connect to Wisenet via an interface. The available fields that can be accessed and grouped into entities are referred to as Endpoints. Each Endpoint represents a different set of data and can be called as required to send and receive data.
How to use the Wisenet API
The Wisenet API is a RESTful web service. It can be used to:
- Obtain data from Wisenet to populate a 3rd party application
- Populate a separate internal employee tracking application
- Complete a customised online enrolment application from your Website into Wisenet
- Send new data to Wisenet
- A new student enrolment from a CRM system
- Update existing data in Wisenet
- Update unit enrolment details from an external system
API Developer Resources
The technical documentation for developers has all required information to consume the API.
You will need to Generate an API Key
The API has combo endpoints which should be used as the source of truth. However the following excel file provides the combos to assist developers with preparing combo mapping between 3rd party systems and Wisenet. Wisenet API Combo Lists v1