- 1 What is considered to be an Active Learner?
- 2 What do you mean by Activity?
- 3 What is an Active Enrolment Date Range?
- 4 What is an Inactive Learner and How to Set a Learner as Inactive?
- 5 Does a Learner’s status need to be ‘Active’ in order to include them in compliance exports?
- 6 What is the minimum number of Active Learners I need to subscribe to?
- 7 What is the Nominated Base Subscription?
- 8 What if I have multiple Training Organisations?
- 9 What users can access the system?
- 10 Can I switch a Learner from Active to Inactive (and vice-versa) more than once in a month?
- 11 If the Learner is commencing their course later in the year however I am enrolling them early in the year how does that work?
- 12 What am I (the customer) responsible for?
- 13 How and where do I keep track of Learner numbers?
- 14 Related Article
What is considered to be an Active Learner?
An Active Learner is where the ‘Is Active’ field value is set to ‘Yes’ in Wisenet LRM.
A Learner must be Active in order to allow Activity.
To assist with Per Learner pricing, you can see all Active Learners in the Active Learner Metering Dashboard in LRM.
What do you mean by Activity?
Any add/edit/modification made to a Learner record, included but not limited to:
- Personal and contact information
- Compliance/demographic data
- Enrolment (course or qualification) data
- New message/communication sent via Wisenet
- Attendance records
- New document generated via uReport
What is an Active Enrolment Date Range?
In order to estimate who is an Active Learner, we use Active Enrolment Dates.
We calculate the Minimum and Maximum Enrolment Dates by looking at:
- the Unit Enrolment Start and End Dates and,
- the Course Enrolment Start and End Dates, only IF there are no Unit Enrolments
Have a look at the example below for Learner A:
What is an Inactive Learner and How to Set a Learner as Inactive?
An Inactive Learner is where ‘Is Active’ field value is set to ‘No’.
- Data is retained in Wisenet as ‘view only’ and no Activity is allowed.
- Users will have the ability to perform the following functions for Inactive Learners:
- View all data. Including but not limited to:
- Personal, contact, demographic/compliance data
- Enrolment, course/qualification and results
- Pre-existing uReport documents, messages and Logbook entries (existing documents can be re-printed)
- Include in government/compliance exports or reports
- Include in Wisenet Reports
- View all data. Including but not limited to:
- An Inactive Learner cannot be updated or modified in any way either; via the application interface, Learncycle automation, integration connector or API call. However, should an event be triggered for an Inactive Learner via Learncycle Workflow that does not change a Learner’s data (i.e. an automated message is sent, or a task is generated), the event will operate as normal without activating the Learner status, and will not be included in the Active Learner count.
- Inactive Learners will not have access to the Wisenet Learner App (Learner portal).
Learn More? How to set a Learner as Inactive
Does a Learner’s status need to be ‘Active’ in order to include them in compliance exports?
No. Regardless of a Learner’s status, they will be automatically included in any relevant compliance exports (i.e. AVETMISS, NZQA, SDR, VSL, Fee Help, SaS, RAPT, FPS) or reports generated out of Wisenet. You will not be billed for Inactive Learners who fall into this scenario.
What is the minimum number of Active Learners I need to subscribe to?
The minimum number of Active Learners varies depending on the Wisenet LRM Edition you subscribe to. For full details, please refer to our pricing page.
What is the Nominated Base Subscription?
In addition to the minimum number of Active Learners applicable with each Wisenet Edition, you are able to nominate a base number of Active Learners on the commencement or renewal of your annual subscription. Nominating a base subscription allows you to take advantage of the discounted Active Learner rate. Should a base subscription not be nominated, the number of Active Learners will default to the minimum number for your Wisenet Edition.
Your nominated base subscription can be increased at any time during an annual subscription period. A decrease in your Nominated Base Subscription can be made at the time of your annual renewal.
Should your Active Learner Count fall below your Nominated Base Subscription in any given month, the Active Learner Count will default to the Nominated Base Subscription.
Should the Active Learner Count exceed your Nominated Base Subscription in any given month, the additional Active Learners will be billed in arrears at the standard rate.
What if I have multiple Training Organisations?
The Base subscription of 50 active learners is applied to each organisation. Additional Active learners can then be added to the total which is aggregated across all organsiations.
For a specific quote please contact Mary@wisenet.co
What users can access the system?
The Per Learner pricing model allows you to have unlimited user access.
Can I switch a Learner from Active to Inactive (and vice-versa) more than once in a month?
A Learner is only charged once per month regardless of the number of times you update the ‘IsActive‘ status.
Click on the image to view examples of how Active Learners are billed.
If the Learner is commencing their course later in the year however I am enrolling them early in the year how does that work?
- If you enter a Learner’s contact and enrolment details on 11 April 2018, the Learner is considered Active in April and will be included as an Active Learner for April.
- You switch them to Inactive later that day as their course does not start until July.
- If you don’t set the Learner back to Active to edit or add activity against the Learner until July then you will not be charged for the months of May and June.
- However if you need to perform some type of activity in May (i.e. add a document, add/modify the Learner’s record or send an email), you will need to set the Learner back to Active, and you will be charged for that Learner in the month of May.
What am I (the customer) responsible for?
- It is the Customer’s (your) responsibility to ensure that the learner ‘Is Active’ status is managed in a timely manner. Wisenet will not be responsible if the Customer neglects to update a learner status and will continue to invoice accordingly.
- Wisenet will supply a learner status report to the Customer for reconciliation purposes.
How and where do I keep track of Learner numbers?
Wisenet will run a monthly report and invoice for any Active Learners over and above your base subscription commitment.
Users can monitor Active Learners by running the following reports within the Wisenet LRM:
- #0310 provides Course Enrolment Summary
- #0772 is a summary grouped by Enrolment Status
- #0896 is the actual Active Learner metering data