Introducing TAMS (RAPT)
The Training Allocation Management System (TAMS) has been developed to manage electronic reporting for Western Australia.
The primary functions of TAMS are to:
- manage RTO contracts with the WA Department of Education;
- provide an on-line interface by which RTOs can submit student enrolment data;
- validate all enrolment data submitted; and
- record Payments
Before you begin
This resource is designed to take you through all the key details required. It is recommended that you follow each steps in order. This will give you an holistic overview and process for implementation.
- TAMS reporting through the TAMS File Guidelines
- Future Skills WA for VET for further information on eligibility and requirements.
- Reporting Guidelines TAMS (RAPT) Guide 2020
- Descriptions and explanations of various fields required for TAMS (RAPT) Text File V1
- How to Set Up WA Invoices
Set Up for Correct Reporting
If you are required to complete TAMS (RAPT) reporting, it is important that you incorporate specific (TAMS) RAPT field collection and processes into your Course Offer, Learner and Enrolment setup. Spending a little more time up front can save a lot of time later.
Prepare for Exports
While this is not strictly required, it is however recommended, as it allows you to proactively complete your data integrity checks to ensure
- The right amount of data is being reported
- There isn’t any incorrect data
- Update outcome codes
Run your TAMS (RAPT) Export
Once you are ready to export the TAMS (RAPT) data you can follow the export steps.
Export Submission Errors
You may come across some common validation errors when you run your exports. Check out the list we have compile together for you and how to troubleshoot TAMS (RAPT) Export Errors.