Successful VET Student Loans Reporting
Each Tab represents a different stage in your VSL reporting. Click on each Tab for instructions on what needs to be completed for successful reporting.
If you are required to complete VSL reporting, it is important that you incorporate specific VSL field collection and processes into your Course Offer, Learner and Enrolment setup. Spending a little more time up front can save a lot of time later.
Before you can set up for correct reporting you need to understand the reporting requirements especially surrounding what data collection is required.
VSL File Guidelines outlines each field that is required for your particular reporting requirements.
Also ensure you have followed previous Set Up requirements for VET Student Loans
Learners that have withdrawn, deferred or resist will need to be updated prior to export.
Data Integrity Reports
While this is not strictly required, it is however recommended, as it allows you to proactively complete your data integrity checks to ensure
- The right amount of data is being reported
- There isn’t any incorrect data
Depending on your requirements there are a few VSL reports to choose from:
- 0439 Learner AVETMISS and FeeHelp details with Enrolment Counts
- 0273 VET Fee Help Data Integrity
- 4034 VSL Learners with Partial or Full Loan
- 0298 VSL UoS Enrolment Summary
Use Reports 0548, 0549, 0550 & 0551 to compare with your HEIMS verification data
How to Generate a Basic Report
Once you have identified fields that require changes and this has been completed your updates can be performed in bulk.
1. Select your VSL Export
- On the Top Navigation Bar, click Reports
- On the Left Navigation Bar click Exports
- Click VSL/VFH Export
2. Choose Export
- Select your appropriate Export
- Enter relevant details
- Wait for email or select View Exports (keep refreshing page until it loads)
3. Missing information?
If your export appears to be missing information check this with the corresponding export on the VET Student Loans File page.
You will then need to make the changes and generate your export again.
After your export has been submitted there may still be errors.
- Open the validation reports and go through the validation errors one by one. Search on HEIMS Admin for the Element that is causing the error
- Click through to the Element to find the requirements for the Element
- Look in the Structure document for the File in question and locate the Element by Number by clicking on the number for further details.
- Either: Find the field(s) in Wisenet using VET Student Loan Files and you can then look into Wisenet for particular learner/records
- Or: open the export text file and find the position (based on the structure) to determine the value being reported.
These can be fixed in two ways:
- Individually. Go into each individual record and amend the field
- Multiple. If there are many records with the same error these can potentially be fixed by performing a bulk update. How to Bulk Update
When these updates have been completed you will need to generate the export again and resubmit.