Skill Sets can be single Units or Groups of Units of competency from a nationally endorsed Training Package. You will need to set this up as a new Course in Wisenet.
Add a Skill Set Course
The initial steps to create a Skill Set Course is the same as adding a Course. Manually Add a Course
- On the Top Navigation Bar click Course & Units
- Click Add Course
- You’ll have the option to either import or manually create a course
- Select to Manually create a new course
- Complete the relevant fields for the Course type you are setting up (see below)
For more information see How to Add a Short Course
Add Skill Set Details
- The Course code should be entered as the Skill Set code. *Note this is not the same as the code of the Course this Skill set is associated with. Check with the accrediting authority.
- Ensure that you select a Course
- Recognition Status of 13 Nationally Recognised Skill set or 16 Locally Recognised Skill set
- You will be able to see the field Associated program identifier. This field is required for reporting a Skill Set enrolment in the NAT00120.
- Enter the Code for the qualification that this Skill Set is associated with.
Create Course Offer and Enrolments
The following steps are the same as any other Course Offer and Enrolment.