AVETMISS 8 is the new release to the AVETMISS Standard which will apply to all VET training activities from January 1st, 2018.
While you can access and download an overview of the changes and document detailing the specifics of the changes directly from the NCVER website, Wisenet has put this resource page together for you to get an overview and, an understanding of how we are incorporating these changes in Wisenet.
Here is a summary of the changes that we have added and updated in Wisenet.
There are a number of new Fields, some of which are already collected in Wisenet. All new fields have been added against the correct Wisenet section, and at other levels to allow easier setting of defaults.
The new Fields that we have added are further explained in the table below:
- The Survey Status is found Client Profile> Personal Details
- The default value of this Status should be set to A – Available for survey use
- A Learner is able to opt out once the Survey is sent to them
- This is outlined in the new Privacy Notice & Student Declaration found on page 59
- It is the Training Providers responsibility to ensure that each Learner has signed an appropriate declaration.
- This will be automatically defaulted to A upon creation of profile
- If the learner states otherwise this will need to be changed.
S&S System Update
- Smart and Skilled updated their system on 8th January to only accept AV8. To accommodate for this Wisenet has made 2017 to report in AV8.
- If AV7 is reported RejectID 1485 can occur due to their being Unit Enrolments starting in 2018 but not being reported using the AV8 format
- NSW exports require all Unit Enrolment training activity (Reject ID 1111 or 1113) to be exported and hence we cannot just exclude future Unit Enrolments from being exported
Learn More: NSW Reject IDs
AVS Validation Process for S&S
- You must now choose 2018 as the collection year in AVS
- This process should not change except that a NAT00030A file is being validated in place of the NAT00030 file
- This is due to AV8 changes where there are different files to accommodate non-accredited courses that are reported to STS
Learn More: Submit Smart and Skilled Export
Smart and Skilled Upload Process
- The process should not change other than upload NAT00030A file for the NAT30
National Delivery Mode Mapping
This applies to all States. except WA.
WA Delivery Mode Mapping
For WA only.
New Values and Validation
A number of new Values have been added to Dropdown lists and new Validations on Fields. See table below for more information.