Under the Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF), RTOs are required to collect, use and report data on three quality indicators, which are:
- Employer satisfaction
- Learner engagement
- Competency completion rate
The first two Quality Indicators require you to issue predefined surveys to Employers and Learners.
Submit your Survey Results
Submit your AQTF Quality Indicator Survey Results by following the instructions on how to report your survey data specific to the following Registering Bodies and relevant to your Organisation’s requirements.
We have contacted ASQA and they have advised that at present RTOs registered with ASQA can either:
- Use the SMART tool to generate the reports (no longer available for new users), or
- Submit a summary report if you have analysed the learner engagement and employer satisfaction data collected to identify core messages about client service satisfaction, and how this information has been used to continuously improve service delivery. The report should consider issues such as:
- Numbers of surveys issued against numbers received (rates of response)
- Trends in response statistics (for instance, which student/employer cohorts provided high/low response rates)
- Commonalities or surprising/unexpected survey responses
- Trends with previous year/s QI data findings
- Information gained from analysis
- Preventive and/or corrective actions implemented, and how the effectiveness of such actions is or will be monitored
If you are registered with the VRQA, you can choose to either:
- Use the SMART Tool (no longer available for new users), or
- Complete the VRQA ‘Reporting of Learner Engagement and Employer Satisfaction Qualify Indicator template’
Learn more or to download the VRQA template:
- Either, visit the Victorian Registration & Qualifications Authority Official Website, Or
- Contact VRQA directly
RTOs that have previously used the SMART system may continue to do so.
RTOs that do not use the SMART system are required to submit a summary report including:
- The total number of each questionnaire distributed
- The total number of each survey received back
- How the learner engagement data has been used to continuously improve the RTO’s services
- How the employer satisfaction data has been used to continuously improve the RTO’s services (if applicable)
TAC is not prescribing a reporting template at this time.
RTOs can upload the SMART report or a summary report to RTO-Net (My Details -> Competency Completion Tab -> 2011 Learner and Employer surveys) or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
This interim arrangement will apply until further notice.
Learn More? Training Accreditation Council WA Official Site