If you are required to complete NZQA Qualification Completion – QE1 reporting, it is important that you incorporate specific NZQA field collection and processes into your Course Offer, Learner and Enrolment setup. The requirements change slightly depending on you Set up your Wisenet database for correct reporting.
Successful NZQA QE1 Reporting
Each Tab represents a different stage in your NZQA QE1 reporting. Click on each Tab for instructions on what needs to be completed for successful reporting.
If you are required to complete NZQA reporting, it is important that you incorporate specific NZQA field collection and processes into your Course Offer, Learner and Enrolment setup. Spending a little more time upfront can save a lot of time later.
Learn More about Field Guidelines
Before you can set up for correct reporting you need to understand the reporting requirements especially surrounding what data collection is required.
NZQA File Guidelines outlines each field that is in the NZQA files and provides required information regarding collection and location in Wisenet.
Set up your Wisenet database for NZQA QE1 Reporting.
While Unit Enrolment set up maybe required for NZQA reporting, see F23 Reporting, for the purpose of QE1 only Course Enrolment set up is required after completion:
- The Qual Issued check box must contain a check/tick for the completion to appear in the export
- The Request Type must be NOT be blank for the completion to appear in the export:
C = Certificate request, prompts NZQA to issue a certificate for this qualification. You must also check ‘return to provider’ if using ‘C’
S = Status Check only – generates a Qual-Check report
V = Verification (only applicable to approved organisations)
blank – will not export
- Make sure the version and strand are filled in if applicable
While not strictly required it is recommended as it allows you to proactively complete data integrity checks to ensure
- The right amount of data is being reported
- There isn’t any incorrect data
Run Report #2027 – Data Integrity to check which clients and results are ready to export.
Learn More? Learn about Data Integrity Reports for NZ
Once you are ready to export the NZQA Qualification Achievement – QE1 data you can follow the export steps:
If you have more than one course offer in this export batch, the location code will be taken from the first one processed. We recommend that you always only process offers from a single location in the same batch. For maximum safety, process only one course offer per batch.
Steps to follow:
- Navigate to LRM > Report
- On the Left Navigation Bar, Click Exports
- Click NZQA Export
- Click NZQA Qualification Export
- Click to select which offers you want to export
- Optional: adjust email address if required
- Click Export Selected Course Offers. An email containing the export file will be sent to the specified email address
- Archive this attached file (it will not be so easy to find in the system)
- For the enrolments you have exported, reset the “request type” to be blank by going to course offer>enrolments>bulk update course enrolments
- This will prevent these records from showing again in the export. If you need to re-export, you can always switch this field back on to the required request type and export again
Useful NZQA Reports