Wisenet’s USI Verification Integration allows for two-way integration with the USI Registry. This allows RTOs to verify USIs in real time using a web services connection.
Set Up for Verification
- Log into your AUSkey manager
- Select Register for a new Device AUSKey from the left hand menu
- IMPORTANT: When prompted, you MUST use device name: cloudservices.wisenet.co
- Once the Device AUSKey is created, a keystore link will be emailed to the ‘custodian’ for that Device AUSKey
- Follow the link in the email and follow the instructions to install the keystore
- Select a location on your computer or USB stick where you are going to save the Device AUSKey XML file
- Please take note of where you have saved the file so you can later remember where
- Nominate a password for the Device AUSKey
- IMPORTANT: Please take note of your password so you can later remember when prompted
Enable Verification with Wisenet
- Find the folder/drive/location where you saved the keystore (the Device AUSKey XML file)
- Right-click the XML keystore file, and ‘Open with …’ Notepad
3. Copy all the XML code
- You can use keyboard shortcut to copy all
- For Windows: press and hold Ctrl A
- For Mac: press and hold Command A
4. Navigate to your Wisenet Portal and go to My Account
5. Update the USI application settings and update the following settings:
- USI Device AUSkey Keystore Password (this is the password created during the Device AUSkey installation process, and not the password for your AUSKey account)
- USI Device AUSkey Keystore XML
- Right click on your mouse to paste the XML code
- USI Device AUSkey Keystore Name (only required if the keystore has multiple devices in it, i.e. two different “ABRD:50xxxxxxxxxx_cloudservices.wisenet.co” in the keystore)
- USI Organisation Code (Training Provider Code)
Test the Verification
- To check if the USI Device AUSKey has been installed correctly you will need to Generate Report 0449.
- Filter report by ClientUSIStatusDate = This Year
- If you receive one of these error messages the Device AUSKey has been installed correctly.
- If verification status = verified or invalid then it’s working.
- If you receive one of these error messages the Device AUSKey has not been installed correctly and you will need to repeat the steps again.
- Error extracting certificate
- Error extracting credential ID from keystore.xml
- Keystore password check failed
- Failed. Check the status reason to see why the service couldn’t connect
- Blank. The settings have not been entered into the Wisenet portal.
Click image to enlarge
If a USI has not been verified you will see this error icon