What information are you trying to find?
Before generating a Report it is important to reflect on the purpose of the report as you can achieve many different outcomes.
Need Help? Wisenet Reports (including NZ)
Search for a Report
There are several ways in which you can search within Reports to find the most suited.
- Click on Reports on the Top Navigation Bar
- The Report options will now be open
To obtain a list of all the reports found in Wisenet and to read descriptions and field information you can use the Report Discovery section:
- Either, view our Resources which detail useful reports for different scenarios
- Or, Click to download the Report Catalogue:
- When you open the Excel Spreadsheet you can filter the information or search according to your desired results
- Enter the Report Number or Report Name in the next section
You can search by Report Category. Report Categories are a way of grouping or classifying various reports that generate similar information.
- In the Choose a Report section, Click on the Dropdown box and Select a category you think is most appropriate
- Browse through the list and click on the Report you wish to open
Or Search by Number or Name in the next Step.
This method is to be used if you already know the Report Number you need.
- Type the report number into the # field or first column, press enter
- The Report Name will now appear, click on the Report Name
This method is useful to use if you are not too sure what category the Report may fall under but want to use it like a Search Engine. i.e ‘Course Offer’, Course Count, AVETMISS, Audit Log, USI, Address etc
- In Column 2, type a keyword into the Name field, press enter
- All reports with this keyword will now appear, browse through the list
- Click on the Report Name that you wish to open
This method can be used if you know the field from Wisenet that you want the data from
- In Column 3 enter the field/s that you wish to be returned in a Report separated by a comma into the Search by Fields , i.e. if you wanted to search for unit code, refexport, workplace.
Double check the Report fields
If you are still not sure if this report contains the correct information you require, you can check this in Step 2, Date and General Filter section.
- After you have selected your Report
- In Step 2, click on the drop down boxes for Date and General Filters.
- This will list all of the fields or data that will be extracted. If it doesn’t contain a specific field you need, then you will have to search for a different Report
- To check all the information is present before adding filters in Step 2, select either Download raw data as Excel or Download raw data as XML
- You can subscribe to the report by selecting YES. Subscribing to a Report allows you to automatically generate a report specific to your requirements with the time frames you set. Learn More? How to Subscribe to a Report
- A further check and point to consider is how you will need the report exported. Learn More? How to Generate a Report
Click image to enlarge