Skill Sets can be single Units or Groups of Units of competency from a nationally endorsed Training Package. You will need to set this up as a new Course in Wisenet.
Add a Skill Set Course
The initial steps to create a Skill Set Course is the same as adding a Course. Manually Add a Course
- On the Top Navigation Bar click Course
- On the Left Navigation Bar click Add new
- You’ll have the option to either and select Manually create a new course
- Select to Manually create a new course
- Complete the relevant fields for the Course type you are setting up (see below)
For more information see How to Add a Short Course
Add Skill Set Details
- The Course code should be entered as the Skill Set code. *Note this is not the same as the code of the Course this Skill set is associated with. Check with the accrediting authority.
- Ensure that you select a Course
- Recognition Status of 13 Nationally Recognised Skill set or 16 Locally Recognised Skill set
- You will be able to see the field Associated program identifier. This field is required for reporting a Skill Set enrolment in the NAT00120.
- Enter the Code for the qualification that this Skill Set is associated with.