Wisenet lets you choose whether to report in the Course Register File (CREG) or the Student File (STUD). Foreign Fee can appear in either the STUD or the CREG. It must NOT appear in both.
Reporting in the Course Register File is often simpler. If you have a significant number of international enrolments, we recommend reporting Foreign Fee in CREG as long as it meets the needs of your organisation.
Choose whether Foreign Fee appears in CREG or STUD
When the Checkbox is UNCHECKED (OFF), the Foreign Fee will report only in the CREG File. The STUD File will report blanks in the Foreign Fee Fields.
- The value of the Foreign Fee that appears in the CREG file is taken from the most recently delivered Unit Offer being reported. There are Reports for auditing this.
- Learn More? Data Integrity Reports
- Blank foreign fee values will be treated as equal to zero
This is the recommended setting where there are significant numbers of International Learners, as long as these things are BOTH true:
- all International Learners are charged the same unit fee in the same export period
- all International Leaner Fees are for Unit Enrolments, and there are no fees charged which are for the Course Enrolment as a whole
When the Checkbox is CHECKED (ON), the Foreign Fee will report only in the STUD File. The CREG File will report blanks in the Foreign Fee Fields.
- The value of the Foreign Fee that appears in the STUD file is the sum of the Foreign Fee value for all of the Learner’s Unit Enrolments that are being reported in this export plus any fee shown in their Course Offer Enrolment Foreign Fee
- Blank Foreign Fee Values will be treated as equal to zero
- If this option is selected, any Foreign Fee Values in the Unit Offer itself will be ignored by the SDR Export and all Foreign Fee Values must be saved in the Course Enrolment or Unit Enrolment
- This option is suitable where ANY of these are true:
- different International Learners have been charged different Foreign Fees for the same Unit during the same export period
- Learners are charged a fee for their Course Enrolment, which does not belong to any of their Unit Enrolments
- your Organisation has only a very few International Learners compared with Domestic Learnerss, in which case it can be less data entry work to manage the Foreign Fee in the individual enrolment